Monday, April 14, 2008

Out of the Blue

Finally decided to start blogging on here, since I've already got the Google account and all. So, I suppose an introduction is in order.

I'm a 30-something geek trying to earn a living out here in Kentucky. Grew up just a bit north, on the southern tip of Ohio. Grew up in the Tri-State area which is made up of Ironton, OH, Ashland, KY and Huntington, WV. It's a fairly rural area in the Ohio River Valley.

I've lived in different parts of the country. Indiana (too damn flat), Alaska (beautiful!), Hawaii (nice weather)… but I keep coming back to Kentucky. Partly it's just my heritage, partly the environment, but a lot if it is just an unexplainable feeling for me. I like the mountains and the hills, the climate (mostly), and the people. It's not as developed as some parts of the country, which I like. I've never been comfortable in big cities, and don't care to go too far into the back woods for more than a vacation. Kentucky has a wonderful blend of rural comfort and urban conveniences you can't find in most parts of the country.

Most of my life has been floating from one place to another. I'm still looking for a career that suits me, which is slightly depressing, but not being tied down to a soul-crushing job has its benefits. Just need to find that job that "clicks"…

Enough rambling for now. This blog will mostly be about my life, and my experiences. Don't expect a solid focused blog like Pharyngula, or anything as fun as Erin O'brien's blog. Mostly, it'll be things I've seen here in Kentucky, past experiences, and random geeky stuff I like.

And in case you haven't noticed from all the earlier links, I like Wikipedia!

No comments: