Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Cute has reached critical mass…

Being a geek, I often run into silly things online. Often, this comes from another site that grew up here in Kentucky: FARK.

Other times, it's just random browsing. In this case, I just happened to run across a video on YouTube that is, perhaps, the most tooth-rottingly cute thing I've ever seen: The Snuggle Song. (Sorry, they've got embedding disabled, so you'll have to click the link to watch.)

After the sugar overload wore off, I went looking up more info. Apparently, it started out as a ringtone in Europe. It caught on and, like the Crazy Frog, spawned full-length songs and the (cheap) music video above. Turns out, you can buy the song on iTunes now, but surprisingly it doesn't include the option to use it as an iPhone ringtone.

I have a feeling we've got another meme on our hands…

No comments: